Leading a Sinful People
Passage: 2 Samuel 19:9–19:43
Click here for our sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- King David forgives the rebellious tribe of Judah and sways the hearts of all the men of Judah as one man so that they bring David back as their King. How do you respond when someone wrongs you? How does your response help lead that person to repentance?
- Shimei was sorry, but not repentant. What do you think constitutes true repentance? What role does repentance play in a person’s salvation?
- Mephibosheth considered himself a dead dog before the king. Why might this be considered a good thing? How do you see yourself before a holy, just, and merciful God?
- What motivates people to give and sacrifice like Barzillai? How can we become more like him?
- Israel argued about whether to bring David back as king but when Judah does precisely that, Israel was enraged. How does this event speak to our need for a Savior?