Your Mother's Teaching
May 9, 2021 Speaker: Dan Wong
Passage: Proverbs 6:20–6:23
Livestream services will be available every Sunday at 8:45 am.
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- In general, do you think children are more attached to their mothers than their fathers? If so, why do you think that is the case?
- In Proverbs 6, King Solomon instructs parents to bind God’s Word to the hearts of their children and to tie the Scriptures around their necks. How can moms and dads practically apply this instruction with their children?
- In our sermon we were given the image of a godly mother standing between her wayward children and the gates of hell, saying, “You are not going to go there, without fighting me”. What makes this image so moving and powerful? How does a mother’s love resemble the love of God?
- King Solomon wrote of a mother’s teaching and the resulting benefits that can only be true of God’s Word. A godly mother passes down God’s word to her children. Explain why motherhood is an incredibly high privilege and calling.
- Why do we recoil from and often reject correction and rebuke? Why is correction and rebuke actually the most loving thing, especially when it comes from our moms?