Humility Wrapped in Glory
Passage: Luke 2:8–2:20
Our livestream service will be available at 9:30 am.
Please click here to see our annoucement about new service times.
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why do you think God chose to have His Son born into such humble circumstances?
- What does it tell you about God and His priorities, that the announcement of the birth of Jesus was made to lowly shepherds rather than to the rich and powerful?
- The angel announces the newborn Jesus as the “Savior, who is Christ the Lord”. Briefly describe what the titles, “Savior”, “Christ”, and “Lord” reveal about Jesus.
- How do the words, “I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people“ help you in your witnessing? Why do these words seem especially powerful in our current cultural climate?
- What made the testimony of the shepherd’s so powerful such that all who heard them, “wondered at what the shepherds told them”?