The Good News of the Kingdom
Passage: Luke 4:38–44
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Throughout His ministry on earth, Jesus proved that He had the power and authority to heal every kind of disease and disability. This being the case, why do you think Jesus doesn’t heal every sickness or physical ailment when we pray and ask Him?
- When we share our faith with other people, why is it important not to promise people that Jesus will make their lives happy, successful, and fulfilling? Instead, what should we focus on when we witness to people about Christ?
- Demons believe in Jesus Christ. They believe He is the Holy Son of God, and they obey His commands. Why then aren’t they saved? 2 Corinthians 13:5 says, “5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!” How can you test yourself to see if you are truly saved?
- Why is it important for Christians to spend time in solitude with God? What makes it so difficult for us to do this?
- Are you living under the rule, reign, and authority of Christ in your life? Is Jesus Christ your King? If so, how does this show up in the way you live? If not, what does this say about your relationship with Jesus and what needs to change?