The Call of Discipleship
Passage: Luke 5:1–5:11
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why is preaching the word of God more important than miraculous works of healing? Why do you think most people want miracles rather than the Word?
- Jesus has authority over all areas of life, over illness, demons, even over the fish in the sea. What area in our lives do we try to hold back from Jesus’ authority?
- When Peter recognized the awesome holiness of Jesus, he fell down at His feet and begged Jesus to depart from him for he recognized how sinful he was. How do you respond to Jesus’ holiness? What does your response reveal about how well you know Jesus?
- Though we are sinners before a just and righteous God, do we still need to be afraid of coming into the presence of holiness? (Heb 4:16) If not, what does it mean to have a healthy fear of God? (Heb 12:28-29)
- Jesus called the sinful broken Peter to drop everything and follow Him. Why do you think Jesus wants to use broken people? Read 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. How are you “foolish”, “weak”, “low”, and “despised”? As you follow Christ, how ought you to view your God-given talents and abilities?