The Dead and Withered Before the Lord
November 7, 2021 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 6:6–11
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why do you think the Pharisees and Scribes were so antagonistic towards Jesus? What made Jesus so different from the religious leaders of His time?
- The Pharisees hatred of Jesus blinded them to the truth. How does anger and hatred prevent us from thinking rationally and blind us to truth?
- We heard in our sermon that the “heart precedes the mind” which means that our own personal desires impact our ability to think critically. Why is it important for us to know this about ourselves? How can Christians ensure that cognitive bias does not taint the way we interpret the Scriptures?
- Jesus is always after our hearts rather than just our minds. Think about your own life - what is the true desire of your heart? Is it to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind? Or do you desire something else? How do you know?
- Although we all deny Him, reject Him and seek for other things instead of Him, Jesus chose to go to the cross so that He could save us from our own depravity. How does a deepening understanding of this truth of Jesus’ love for you change your heart?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion