November 14, 2021 Speaker: Stephen Chen
Passage: Exodus 1:15–1:22
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- The midwives’ names, Shiprah and Puah, are remembered in Scripture for all time. Yet, the king of Egypt is not even named. Why do you think God’s word remembers two lowly midwives over and above the king of Egypt?
- What does it mean to fear the Lord? When should the fear of God supersede our obedience even to our governing authorities?
- What do you think about a “lie of necessity” - when not telling the truth is necessary? Under what circumstances do you think a Christian should lie out of necessity?
- What do you fear more - God, or the pressure, opinions, rejection of the world? How do you know?
- Do you think the issue of abortion has become a lower priority for some Christians? If so, why? What do you think is the basis for the sanctity of human life?