The Great Ruin We Are to Avoid
January 30, 2022 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 6:46–49
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why are religious people who claim to be Christian, who go to church and participate in church activities, the ones who need to heed Jesus’ warnings the most? How do the storms of life reveal what kind of person you truly are?
- Why do you think some people can get caught up in the amazing truth and emotional impact of Jesus’ teaching, without ever truly changing the way they live?
- What kind of change should you see in the life of a true believer? What if a person was already a strong, forgiving, sweet natured, kind, giving person before becoming a believer - will you still see a change in their lives? How so?
- Why does Jesus use the image of a house built upon the rock to represent a true believer’s life? Would a stranger looking at your life, recognize that you have a firm immovable foundation in Christ? Why or why not?
- Jesus describes the ruined life of the one who hears Jesus’ words and joins the crowd of believers, but never truly repents of his sin to follow Christ in complete humble obedience. What should you do to ensure that you don’t fall into this category?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion