The Utter Importance of Having Ears to Hear (Part 2)
Passage: Luke 8:16–21
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- In this week’s sermon we heard that the way you hear and heed God’s Word will reveal exactly where you are spiritually and where you will spend eternity. When looking at a person’s life, how can you determine what kind of “hearer” that person is?
- Practically speaking, how does a Christian put his/her lamp on a stand so that those who enter may see the light?
- How should a Christian respond to Jesus’ statement “nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.” Why do you think He follows this up with, “Take care then how you hear...”?
- What does v.20-21 tell us about what Jesus thinks about those who hear the Word of God and do it?
- With Jesus’ emphasis on ‘hearing’ the Word, what would you tell someone who thinks they are a healthy Christian even though they don’t go to church and sit under preaching?