Exchanging One Fear for Another
May 8, 2022 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 8:22–25
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- How do the storms in our lives reveal the true nature of our faith? Talk about a storm you have experienced and what that storm taught you about God.
- What does Jesus consider more important, your comfort (prosperity, happiness, etc.) or your faith? Why do you think Christians often get these mixed up? How does Jesus’ exhaustion in the boat and His willingness to suffer for our salvation help us to put comfort, prosperity and happiness in its proper perspective?
- In Daniel Chapter 3, we read that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were willing to trust in God regardless of whether or not they died. What do you think it takes to develop this kind of faith?
- After Jesus calmed the storm and the danger to the disciples’ lives was gone, why do you think the passage says, “And they were afraid”? What were they afraid of? How does the fear of God grow your faith?
- Since Jesus’ priority was His followers' faith, what are some practical ways you can make your faith a priority? This week? And in the weeks to come?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion