See the Transfigured Christ
Passage: Luke 9:28–36
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why is it important for Christians to maintain a sense of awe and reverence for God? How do you see God’s glory in creation?
- Why do you think it was important for Jesus to reveal His glory to Peter, James, and John? Imagine being one of Christ’s disciples and hearing God’s voice saying, “This is my Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!” How do you think this experience would change you? What impact do you think the appearance of Moses and Elijah has on the disciples?
- In our passage this week, Peter longed to remain in the presence of the glorified Christ. Can you relate to Peter? If so, how? What role does suffering play in our longing for God?
- How does thankfulness and humility before the Lord help us to:
- turn away from the temporal worldly pleasures of life
- deal with our daily trials and struggles?