The Manner of Prayer
Passage: Luke 11:5–13
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Jesus used a ridiculous illustration of a disrespectful and offensive man to teach us how we should approach God in prayer. Why do you think Jesus would use such an outlandish illustration? What lesson did He want us to learn?
- Why should a Christian be persistent in his or her prayers? Why do you think we sometimes give up in our prayers?
- Will persistent prayer get you the Tesla, or the bigger home, or the perfect husband or wife that you always dreamed of? What should the content of our prayers be?
- Explain why you can be 100% sure that God is not going to give you a snake when you ask for fish or a scorpion when you ask for an egg.
- How would you comfort a Christian whose life is filled with trials and suffering in spite of their persistent prayers to God? What would you tell them?