The Mighty Hand of God
November 13, 2022 Speaker: Amel Dominguez
Passage: Matthew 9:1–8
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- In what ways has the greatness of Christ been revealed to you? How is the greatness of Christ tied to our worship?
- The scribes said Jesus was blaspheming when He forgave the paralytic’s sins. Why do statements such as this reveal evil in one’s heart?
- Jesus forgives the paralytic’s sins and encourages him to “take heart”. If you were the paralytic man, would you be encouraged at this point, knowing that you were still unable to walk but that your sins were forgiven? Why or why not?
- If you saw Jesus heal the paralyzed man, would that prove to you He also has the authority to forgive sins? Why or why not.
- Why do you think the crowds were both afraid and at the same time, glorifying God? Does the forgiveness of God still move you? If so, how so?