The Goodness of Humanity
Passage: Genesis 1:26–31
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- God created the world and everything in it and called it “good”, this includes humanity. Are human beings basically good? How does your answer impact the way you view mankind?
- What do you think it means to be made in the image of God? How can both men and women be made in the image of God?
- When we complain about and want to change the way we were created, what are we failing to understand about being an “image bearer”? How would knowing God better and knowing the goodness of His creation better help those who struggle with their identity?
- What do you think it means for mankind to fill the earth and subdue it, and to have dominion over the animals? How can we avoid abusing our authority?
- What role does Jesus play in restoring humanity to its original state as image bearers of God?
More in Summer Sermon Series 2023
July 30, 2023Bitterness in Bethlehem and Providence in the Fields
July 23, 2023The Prodigal and the Pagan
July 16, 2023Afflicted By God