Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
Passage: Luke 17:1–6
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why would Jesus give to His own followers, such a stern warning not to lead His “little ones” into sin? In what ways can Christians lead other Christians into sin?
- In what ways can the pride of mature Christians put stumbling blocks before younger believers? What do you think the Apostle Paul means by “knowledge puffs up but love builds up”? (1 Cor 8:1)
- Why do you think Jesus would command His followers to forgive a person 7 times in one day (i.e. to keep on forgiving)? How does the Gospel shed light on this command?
- Describe how Christians should properly deal with sin within the church. Why is this so critical to the great commission?
- Why is even the smallest amount of faith enough to do the impossible? Why does it take faith to forgive?