The Curse and the Christ
Passage: Galatians 3:10–3:14
Click here for our sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
1. Galatians 3:10 says that anyone who relies on works of the law is under a curse. Why is a person cursed if they rely upon the law to justify them before God?
2. What would you say to “Sally” who knows she is not perfect, but believes she is “good enough” to get into heaven? How do Sally’s thoughts, desires, and motives of the heart betray her?
3. Why can’t a person be justified/saved if all he does is compare himself to the person sitting next to him rather than compare himself to the holiness of God Himself?
4. Galatians 3:13 tells us that Jesus became a curse for you. 2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us that Jesus became sin on your behalf so that you could become the righteousness of God. How does this knowledge solidify in your mind, God’s love for you? How does this knowledge help you to live out your faith?
5. When the Galatians betrayed Paul by following after the false teachers, Paul answers their betrayal by giving them Jesus. He gives them theology. What does this tell you about the importance of “studying God”? When life gets difficult, why should we study God? How do you do this?