One in Christ Jesus
Passage: Galatians 3:23–29
Livestream services will continue to be available on every Saturday night at 6:00 pm. On the 2nd Sunday of every month, livestream services will also be available at 8:45 am and 10:30 am.
Click here for our sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on yourself, with your family, or with your small group
- Do you ever find yourself trying to “barter with God”? Why is this an unchristian thing to do? What does this say about your view of yourself and of God?
- What does it mean that the Abrahamic covenant of promise is “unilateral” and the Mosaic covenant of law is “bilateral”? Why is it so important that God’s promise to Abraham, and by extension, His promise to us (that we would become sons of Abraham and therefore co-heirs with Jesus Christ) is a “unilateral” promise?
- If you are a Christian, what does it mean to you, that you are “in Christ”? Why is it so important to contemplate and remind ourselves of what this means, each and every day?
- How is obedience to the law different from the obedience of a son? Think about why you obey God. Is it out of fear? Or does it come from something else? If something else, why do you obey God?
- What place does “California Pride”, “Asian Pride”, “Local Pride”, or any other similar “pride”, have in the life of a Christian? Why is “in Christ” and “outside of Christ” the only category that really matters.