In the Family of God
Passage: Galatians 4:1–4:7
Click here for our sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- In our passage today, Paul likens a small child, even though he is an heir, to that of a slave because he/she is under the guardianship/management of someone else. Think back to your past, before you were a Christian. How did your life resemble that of a slave? Who were a slave to? (see John 8:34)
- How do things like money, luxury, pornography, health and politics enslave people?
- How did God use the “elementary principles of the world”, characterized by the things listed in question #2 as well as worldliness, paganism, and the demonic, to prepare you for God’s family?
- Do you ever think about yourself as an heir of God? If not, why not? What does it mean to you personally, that you are an heir of God? How should this impact your life?
- In Galatians 4:6, we read, “And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’” What does this tell you about God’s desire for you to know that you are His? Why do you think He wants you to know this?