Lord Over Legion
May 15, 2022 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 8:26–39
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- In our passage of study this week, Jesus has just brought His disciples through a terrifying life threatening storm straight into Gentile territory dominated by pig herders and a frightful demon-possessed man. Why do you think Jesus will sometimes lead His followers into such fearful circumstances?
- The demon possessed man was out of his mind, living in the tombs, cutting himself, and could not be helped or controlled by his family and friends. He was alone and beyond all hope. What are some 21st century tactics Satan uses to make a person “beyond hope” in today’s society? How does this passage encourage you to share the gospel with those who are “beyond hope”?
- With just one command, Jesus instantly and completely cast out the “legion” of demons that filled the man. How does this first century example of Jesus’ power and authority give you confidence and strength to stand firm as a Christian in an increasingly hostile secular world?
- In spite of the miraculous healing of the demon possessed man, why do you think the people of the Gerasenes were filled with great fear? Why is it difficult and even fearful for unbelievers to deal with a person whose life has been changed by Jesus Christ?
- The demon possessed man was healed and his changed life became a testimony to everyone as he proclaimed to the whole city what Jesus had done for him. As a Christian how have you been “healed” by Jesus? Should your response to God healing you be any different than the demon possessed man? If not, who is God telling you to talk to about what Jesus has done for you?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion