To Fear or Not To Fear
November 27, 2022 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 12:1–12
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- Why do you think Jesus so strongly warned His disciples about the “leaven” of hypocrisy? What does leaven have in common with hypocrisy?
- How do your words, thoughts, and actions reveal what you truly believe about Jesus’ warning that “Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed on the housetops.” What impact should this warning have on the way we live?
- Why is it so hard for us to be transparent about our weaknesses and sins? According to the Bible, what should we do about our sin?
- In our passage, Jesus describes God as both a holy Judge and a tender Father. Why is it important for us to understand that He is both?
- Jesus teaches His disciples that it will be the Holy Spirit who will speak through them to give an account of their faith during their times of greatest need and distress. What does this tell you about God’s care and concern for you? What should be your response?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion