The Prodigal Son
April 9, 2023 Preacher: Dan Wong Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 15:11–24
Click here for the sermon discussion questions or see them listed below. We highly encourage you to listen, think, and talk about the sermon. These are questions you can reflect on by yourself, with your family, or with your small group.
- How is the prodigal son’s treatment of his father similar to mankind’s treatment of God?
- The prodigal sought freedom from his father’s authority. Instead, why do you think he found misery worse than slavery? What lesson do we learn from the prodigal son about seeking freedom from God?
- When the prodigal finally came to his senses, what kind of reception do you think he expected from his dad? Do you think the prodigal knew his father well?
- The prodigal’s father sees his son returning from a long way off, runs to greet him, “falls on his neck” as he hugs him and then throws him a party. What does this imagery of the father’s response tell you about God’s love and concern for the lost? Why do you think God responds this way?
- Does the father’s extravagant lavish response to the return of his wayward son mean that God does not think our rebellion is really that bad? How do you know?
More in Luke
May 28, 2023Stumbling Blocks, Forgiveness, and Faith
May 21, 2023The Results of Man-Made Religion
April 30, 2023Exposing Hollow Religion